My friend Catherine just alerted me to this forum for those retiring in northeast London. I post it here for those who might be able to make it.
Northeast Residents In Action (NERIA) is an off-shoot of Northeast Community Conversations Group (NECC). It provides an important way for NECC members, who live in Northeast London, to donate their time, energy and love of their NE neighbourhoods, by helping build up and strengthen the Northeast London resident community through outreach, engagement; and by providing a welcomed, informal way for residents who love to volunteer, to do so in their surrounding neighbourhoods, as a way to give back to the wider community.
Even though this particular community forum will focus specifically on retirement, senior and elderly living matters and issues in Wards 3 and 4 such as:
1) Supporting Independence: Public Transportation, Mobility and Accessibility
2) Ageing In Place/Retirement Living/Affordable Housing
3) Affordable Food/Food Security
4) Indoor/Outdoor Intergenerational Community Spaces, Equipment & Buildings
5) Safety in the Community and at Home
6) Government Assistance: Benefits, Tax Credits & Entitlements
7) Body+Mind+Spirit Health and Wellness-Community Supports and Services
8) Recreation & Educational Activities: Participation, Inclusion and Cultural Diversity
please know you DON’T HAVE TO LIVE IN THE NORTHEAST, to attend our FREE public event!
The Forum will feature “21st Century Senior Living in Northeast London” presentations by each Councillor, and an “Ask The Community Experts” Panel, comprising both Councillors, and a mix of community leaders and representatives from community organizations/service agencies, who will answer audience questions and concerns.
Seating is limited to 60 spaces so please REGISTER YOUR ATTENDANCE ASAP!!
Join Councillors Mo Salih (Ward 3) and Jesse Helmer (Ward 4) at the
NORTHEAST SENIORS COMMUNITY FORUM
organized by Northeast Residents In Action [NERIA]
Wednesday, June 14, 2017
Doors Open: 2:30pm ~ Forum Begins: 3:00pm ~ Forum Ends: 5:30pm
North London Optimist Community Centre ~ 1345 Cheapside Street, London
ALL Are Welcome, even if you do not live in Wards 3/4
FREE Admission ~ FREE but LIMITED On-Site Parking ~ Coffee, Tea and Nibbles Provided
LIMITED SPACES ~ REGISTER IN ADVANCE:
Northeast Residents In Action [NERIA] Group